Are you a professional in the field of medicine and care giving? Do you have the goal to practice and grow with us? Do you feel the need to help those who seek medical care and attention?
If your answers to these questions are YES, then you should be a part of us!
Please see job listings below.
Website Job Postings
OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner or Midwife
Women's Health Program
Part time position available to provide OB/GYN, prenatal care and women's health services. Responsibilities include providing direct patient care including: ante partum, intrapartum, postpartum and family planning services as part of a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, nutritionists and social workers. Participate in the Prenatal Risk Assessment Committee, which oversees health education, organize efficient and effective prenatal care systems, care plan assessment and quality improvement. Work collaboratively with affiliate staff in the OB/GYN Departments at Boston Medical Center and Brigham and Women's Hospital.
QUALIFICATIONS:Certified and licensed nurse practitioner or nurse midwife with a minimum of three years of OB/GYN experience and one year of ambulatory/community prenatal experience. The ability to speak a second language would be helpful but not necessary.
Behavioral Health Counselor
Part-time Behavioral Health Counselor opportunity available in the Behavioral Health department at Upham’s Corner Health Center. This position is responsible for delivery of therapeutic services to registered patients in a dynamic, multicultural community health center. Responsibilities include:
- Providing psychosocial assessments and behavioral health treatment to individuals, couples, family and groups.
- Providing crisis intervention and information about community resources and services to UCHC clients referred by PCP.
- Maintaining individual caseload and deliver group therapy for children and adults.
- Completing all appropriate paperwork and documentation in compliance with Behavioral Health department policy and procedures.
- Perform additional duties of the Behavioral Health department as needed.
- Full Orientation provided.
QUALIFICATIONS: Masters Degree in therapy, counseling or social work and current Massachusetts Therapist or LICSW license. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
On-Call/Part-Time Pharmacy Tech
Part-Time/On-Call position available for a registered Pharmacy Technician. Provide prompt and accurate customer service. Accept and request authorization for prescription refills, provided that no information has changes from previous prescription; enter prescription data into pharmacy computer system; affix label to prescription container; prepare unit-dose, modified unit dose and other pharmacy tasks including direct customer service. Help maintain cleanliness and order in the Pharmacy.
High School diploma or the equivalent (GED). Must have successfully completed a Board approved pharmacy tech training program and be registered with the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy. One year’s experience as a pharmacy technician is required. Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
Full time position at our ESP Department located at 36 Dearborn Street. Assist in the development and implementation of therapeutic individual and group activities to meet the needs of an elderly population. Assist Activities Coordinator with:
- Assessing individual participants
- Observing and reporting changes
- Developing and implementing individual and group activities
- Identification and resolution of problems relating to participant’s involvement in activities
- Orienting new participants
- Participating in behavior management
- Completing administrative duties and provide translation assistance
Other duties as needed by the Activity Coordinator or ADHC Program Manager
- Minimum 1 year experience working with elders with cognitive impairments required
- 1 year experience working with elders in the field of activities or therapeutic recreation
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Bilingual skills strongly recommended
OB Health Advocate
Under the supervision of the CHA Supervisor, this position will provide clerical support to the OB Department and Social Services dept.
- Check the +UCG in the lab and OB Department and schedule appointments with nurses for initial intake.Collect all new OB prenatal patient information.
- Ensure OB list for UCHC is updated with registered new patients and adding patients to the OB list for tracking during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Responsible for faxing and mailing all prenatal charts to assigned hospitals at the 12 week visit, 26 week visit, and 36-38 week visit as needed. (BWH is handled by Advocate, and BMC is handled through the Medical Records Department.)
- Identify prenatal patient charts by placing blue dots on charts and forwarding them to the Medical Records Department.Create a Dummy Folder for the Medical Records Department, in replacement of OB chars in the regular record slot.
- Organize flash cards for UCHC records. (In-house by monthly record)
- Complete a data report form for UCHC and the Department of Public Health.
- Collect and electronically organize all OB statistics data; Generate reports as requested for the UCHC OB case reviews, MCH reporting, SAB, TAB, Delivery by Month, and Transfers. Update information as changes are made.
- Ensure and organize follow-up appointments with MD and Family Planning Nurse.
- Maintain and keep track of the following:
• TAB, SAB, and LMR System; Delete patients from OB list.; postpartum appointments.; Ensure patients are aware of their appointments.; Attend the monthly OB meeting
- Community meeting and weekend flexibility is required.
- Notify the Medical Records Department of delivery discharge upon postpartum visits.
- Notify the Billing Department of delivery for billing purposes. Other tasks may be needed from the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent. Two years experience working in OBGYN or human services agency. Experience and demonstrated proficiency in computer systems and PC-based software. Excellent communication, customer service, and organization skills. Ability to work effectively within a team. Enjoy helping people.
Full – Time or Part – Time Position. Under the general direction of the Dental Director: provide dental care for patients by diagnosing and treating diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums.
- Take and diagnose radiographs.
- Perform clinical examination and formulate treatment plans.
- Perform all phases of restorative dentistry and prosthetics.
- Perform endodontic therapy or refer therapy if best handled by a specialist.
- Perform periodontal therapy including minor surgical procedures.
- Perform pedodontic treatment including pulpotomies, stainless steel crowns, and space maintainers.
- Conduct routine exodontias and minor oral surgical procedures.
- Correct minor tooth movement.
- Perform preventative therapy.
- Deal with commercial laboratories in obtaining dental requirements.
- Perform minor laboratory procedures.
- May serve as part of Elder Clinic; develop training for other staff.
- Establish and maintain department records and reports. Prepare monthly statistics on dental services performed.
- Responsibilities demand equivalency of doctoral degree in dentistry, plus additional training in specialized field when applicable, MA Dental license required.
- Minimum of 1 year post experience required
- Candidate must be eligible to work in United States
Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist
Part time positions available (flexible schedule) for licensed physical and occupational therapist with 2 to 3 years working with the elderly or chronically ill, cognitively impaired or frail geriatric population. Responsibilities will include collaboration on patient care plans with physicians and direct patient care. Educating patients and their families as well as staff in on treatment plans, home evaluations, and participating in clinical team meetings.
Primary Care Physician
Provides medical care to families, including health maintenance, episodic care, and chronic disease management.
- Provides primary medical management for patients.
- Delivers patient care and patient education in the manner that is appropriate to patient's age, physical ability, educational level, and culture.
- Conducts health assessments and evaluates the needs of patients in the primary care clinic.
- Conducts physical exams, orders and/or performs laboratory and diagnostic tests, and makes clinical judgments regarding results.
- Performs minor surgical procedures, as appropriate given prior training.
- Initiates appropriate consultations and referrals. Acts as a primary care resource to the multidisciplinary team, and provides in service for staff.
- Participates in teaching activities with nurse practitioners, physicians’ assistants, and medical students.
- Documents history and physical exam, assessment, and treatment interventions in the medical record.
- Participates in provider meetings and appropriate committees.
- Participates in on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Participates in regular schedule of clinical care, team, and department meetings.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in family practice, MedPeds or adult medicine
- Has a current Massachusetts license to practice medicine.
- Has a current controlled substance registration certificate from both the federal government and the state of Massachusetts.
- Hospital rounding on a rotating schedule.
Part-Time Registered Nurse
Part-time weekend nurse working with UESP. Responsible for the evaluation of patients as well as providing monitoring, follow-up and skilled nursing care for the patients assigned to him/her.
To execute physician orders as required and to be professionally responsible to the nursing supervisor.
- Cover day center hours when needed.
- Provide weekday episodic and scheduled skilled nursing visits.
- Provide weekend visits.
- Maintain medical record documentation
- Coordinate assessment of home care needs with HCL-LPN for each participant
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinical Director
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a Registered Nurse licensed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Ability to work with multicultural staff and participants
To apply for positions
Upham's Corner Health Center
547 Columbia Road
Dorchester, MA 02125
Fax: (617) 929-9062
Click here to attach your resume and e-mail it to us